Author: Christine Stevenson
2018 will be upon us before we know it, so it’s time to start thinking about the next team who will lead the way for the Federal Communicators Network (FCN).
If you’ve enjoyed the opportunities the FCN has brought you, consider taking a leadership role in the community this coming year by nominating yourself for the leadership team. The FCN is run on a volunteer basis by and for members, so we need you!
What does the FCN Leadership Team do?
All leadership positions will serve January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. A transition meeting between the 2017 leadership team and the 2018 team will take place in December.
The following positions are available:
- Chair – Leads the FCN leadership team to set priorities and goals for the Board,
- Co-Chair – Works with the chair to help set priorities and goals for the Board, leads meetings in Chair’s absence
- Secretary/Administrative Coordinator – Schedules monthly leadership team meetings, takes minutes during meetings, manages FCN listserv requests
- Website Coordinator – Manages and updates FCN’s website, www.fedcommnetwork.org, Familiarity/experience in WordPress required
- Training/Workshop Coordinator – Coordinates and plans training and workshop events during the year
- Social Media Coordinator – Manages Twitter, LinkedIn group, and other social media efforts. Works with social media ambassadors
- External Outreach Coordinator – Works with other external organizations on mutually beneficial events or partnerships
- Blog Coordinator – Develops and manages blog schedule; contacts potential blog authors, reviews blog submissions, and coordinates with website manager to post blogs
You can also reach out to any member of the 2017 FCN Leadership Team to learn more about the positions.
Electing the 2018 Team
The nomination period opens today and submissions will be accepted until COB Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017. The process is quick and easy to nominate yourself (but you must be a member of FCN to be eligible).
Once all submissions are in, voting in next year’s members will immediately follow in a separate email.
Being on the team is a great way to connect with other communicators, gain excellent leadership experience, and give back to the group that brings you so much every year. So, consider nominating yourself today!